2.02.2011

year of the rabbit - luna new year exhibition :)

hello,

thanks to michelle from giant robot for inviting me to this group show, " year of the rabbit."
i have been working with wooden sculptures lately and haven't played around with clay much, so the rocess of making this piece was a lot of fun, getting my hands dirty and shaping and molding the clay to make this little bunny.


"i will think of you when the blue moon sleeps..", mixed media

and here is the flyer for the show:


the image is mari-san's piece, so cute


year of the rabbit- luna new year 4709 exhibition


february 5 - march 2, 2011
reception: saturday, february 5, 6:30 - 10:00 p.m.
giant robot2
2062 sawtelle blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
gr2.net
(310) 445-9276

giant robot is proud to host year of the rabbit, a group art show celebrating the 4709th resetting of the lunar calendar. Pieces will include illustrations, oils, pencils, prints, watercolors, sculpture, and other media–all dedicated to one of the most stubborn, but also most creative (and cute) animals in the chinese zodiac.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love your work, Yoskay-san. Your characters are always so serene. It's very relaxing.

Keep it up!

Jan said...

I love your long-ear'd rabbit. My dwarf bunny at home has very short ears, and so I won't be sharing your post with him. I don't want Beau to have ear envy ... :O)